Thursday, August 19, 2010

Full Circle of Mercato Mall - Dubai


STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO
Title: Mercato Mall - VR Architectural Photography
Location: Jumeirah Road, Jumeirah 1st,Dubai, UAE
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: 10mm Sigma Fisheye Lens
Exposure: Manual Mode, 16 Exposures on 35 & 217 degrees angle
Shutter Speed: 1 sec.
Aperture: f/8


MY VR PLAN
still i am hesistant to bring out all my gears for tonights vr...
but....i planned this before ramadan...but still i am not confident for this vr....
looking all the security infront of the mall....i know they will stop me doing this vr.

one by one i bring out my camera...and put my fisheye lens on my pocket....
we sat down ( me & kiko ) infront of the fountain...hiding to all security guards....
i ask my son to get the bag & tripod...and there we go....

we set up our gears as fast as we can and after 16 exposures for 15 minutes...
thanks God we finish our first vr......


SECOND SET OF VR
without hesitation i placed my gears infornt of the main entrance of the mall...
all security guards are watching us but they didn't say anything...
and we finish our 2nd set of vr....and i am thinking that it is ok to them...-
what we are doing.....besides it is Ramadan Season....


INTERIOR VR & INTEROGATION
immediately after i finish my second set,
we proceed to the hightlight of this vr..."The Mercato Interior Bridge"
i told to my son that we sit first on balcony area
(far to the stationary guard) and set up again our gears...

after the set-up....
i start my 16 exposures....without knowing that the Mall Security Guard is
behind me and asking me...what is the photo for...?do i have permit to take photos inside the mall?
where you are working? what company? what newspaper or magazine you are working for?.....
and he touched my ID attached on my tripod.....all of this questions are spontaneous and fast...
and it seems that he want to view the image on my camera...he started to grab the camera and i shouted....
not know....! i'm on the middle of vr...i need 8 shots more....after that.... you can view the images....!

and i am not working to any newspaper or magazine company....
i am an architect and this is only my hobby...
...i think you are new here...i added.
i am a regular visitor here and i am always taking photos for my
souvenier only...ok?

and he left us with the last words...
"sorry sir...next time at least you tell us that you're going to take photos...
and you are most welcome..."

after that scene...i sit down and calm myself....
because this is not the first time happens to me here...
this is the third time...and i succesfully overcome their interogations...


ANOTHER VR...4TH SET
now i am relax and not nervous...as i went to the mall bridge (hightlight of the mall) and
took the last very important interior VR...(but all the guards are watching me....)


below image is one of my four vr's for your viewing...ENJOY!!!...

Other Mercato Mall VR's:

No comments:

Post a Comment