Sunday, August 29, 2010

Full Circle of Old Dubai I: The Old Town Bastakiya

THE OLD WALL OF DUBAI

Bastakiya Old Town Dubai
Al Bastakiya (Arabic: البستكية‎) is a historic district in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Together with Al Shindagha, Al Bastakiya is one of the oldest residential areas in the city of Dubai. Al Bastakiya is named after the Bastak region of Iran, from where many of the residents emigrated.

The emigrants are mostly Arabs that have migrated to Iran throughout history, then moved back to Arabia later.The locality lies along Dubai Creek and includes narrow lanes and wind towers, as well as the Al Fahidi Fort, the oldest existing building in Dubai.

The construction of Al Bastakiya dates back to the 1890s. In its prime, the locality was capable of supporting 60 housing units, most of which were separated by narrow, winding lanes.
Traditionally a stronghold of rich residents, the demographic of the locality changed with the discovery of oil, which resulted in many rich families relocating to other parts of the city.

__________________________________________________________________

STORY OUTSIDE FULL CIRCLE

Title: Bastakiya Old Town Dubai
Old Dubai Part 2 - VR Night Photography
Location: Bastakiya Area, BurDubai,UAE
Date: Aug.25, 2010 9:00-10:30 PM
Camera & Gears: Nikon D300, Sigma Fisheye Lens,
Manfrotto Tripod, Phottix Remote Shutter
_____________________________________________

This is the second leg of VR'ing the old dubai, this time
i went to Dubai Architectural Heritage Area "The Old Town Bastakiya".

It was 9:00 pm, Ramadan, Iftar hour...and the parking is
impossible here...and this is my 3rd time orbiting this area and after
half an hour i got my parking...and it is right inside the bastakiya
area...thank God.

Before i stepped down on my car, i saw local arabs outside
bastakiya old house, sipping their coffee.
Slowly i went out of the car and i notice that all of them are staring at me...

hhhmmmm....are they expecting me..?lol!
ohhh yes, they are expecting someone but not a filipino with camera & tripod...

I walk at the back of my car to get my bag and i saw this big 4x4
white armada next to me...hhhmmm...this is their guy...i took his
parking slot!!! sorry men...ang bagal mo eh!!!

Without looking,i walk fast towards mosque, sit down on the bench
and wait for the moist to get out of my lens...(init po kasi eh)

I start my first VR at the old wall of dubai...and it took
almost 2 hours to finish my 7 sets of VR and still images.
Below are my VR for your viewing & comments...Enjoy!!!

HOVER YOUR MOUSE INSIDE IMAGE

THE OLD WALL OF DUBAI

THE OLD WALL OF DUBAI 2

THE OLD TOWN BASTAKIYA

THE OLD TOWN BASTAKIYA




No comments:

Post a Comment