Thursday, August 19, 2010

Full Circle of St.Mary's Dubai 2

The Story Outside Full Circle
Title: St.Mary's Catholic Church - Dubai
Interior Architectural VR Photography
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: 10mm Sigma Fisheye Lens
Exposure: Manual - 16 Exposures at 35 & 217 degrees angle
Shutter Speed: 1 sec.
Aperture: f/8
July 14, 2010

This VR is a long time plan on my mind...sometime 3 months ago...
Why?...'coz i want to record the interior & exterior of the church...
'coz till now no one is doing that...the..."St.Mary's in full circle"

After i drop ( hinatid po...ndi binagsak) my wife to her workplace
i rushed to the church and hoping that there's a sheduled mass...
but when i reach there...everything was closed...except the side door...

all lights are closed except on the main altar...
the place is very quiet, there is some parishoners praying...
....i sat infront of the altar & start to meter the light...
i feel everyone is looking at me everytime i press my shutter..
and it gives a loud sounds of clllliiiikkkk! i press my shutter once,
twice, thrice and even more....and after a while i heard someone
making a...psssssttt....!!! to me.

i pray and say sorry for what i have plan to do...i say sorry that i
will disturb the people...

anyways...i placed my tripod on the center of the aisle....
set up my panohead as fast as i can....
attached my camera and start my 16 exposures...
(everytime i press the shutter all eyes are with me - sorry po Lord!)


during my vr....lights open on the left wing of the church...
i saw kabayan wearing white...and parish priest pop out at the back of
wall and inviting the couple infront of him....
.....i realized that there is a small wedding on that corner....

hhmmm...
i rushed on that area and set up my camera near the altar...
again...everyone is looking at me....who the hell is this? we don't
know this photographer?- i know that is the questions on their mind...

i also wonder what i am doing here....but what to do....
i will do this for the couple for free....
after the blessing to the couple...
i approached them and introduce myself and i ask for their email address &
i will send them the image for free...

outside the church...i set up my gears for my last vr today ('hopefully)...
i stand infront of the church beside the grotto and start to shoot my last vr.


below is VR Image of St.Mary's Church Exterior:


No comments:

Post a Comment